13" Android Door phone with Starlight Camera X916
Install a large security guard at the entrance of your building with the Akuvox X916.
World’s First Android Door Phone with Starlight Camera, 13" capacitive touch screen, 316-grade stainless steel panel, Dual-camera, Dual-microphone for noise reduction, Support multiple access control methods: facial recognition, NFC, 13.56MHz and 125kHz access cards, Bluetooth, and QR code.
- Technical specifications
Why should you choose the Akuvox X916 door phone?
Large, powerful, and full of features door phones.
Install an Akuvox X916. It includes;
- The main camera features a built-in HDR mode to tackle a variety of high-contrast scenes
- Intuitive interface with color touch display for superior resident and visitor usability
- 13” full-color touch display provides ultra-wide viewing angles
- Presents information and user navigation options unique to your business
- Supports SIP to provide reliable two-way voice & one-way video communication
- Complies with ONVIF standard for easy integration with any network surveillance system
What do the specifications included in the door phone mean?
The small color screen allows images, videos, menus, and instructions to be displayed like a tablet.
The card reader will allow a user to unlock the door or gate by using a keyfob or access control card using NFC, 13.56 Khz, or 125 Mhz. The maximum reading distance is about 15 cm / 6 inches.
The SIP protocol is a well-known protocol to transport audio and video streams over a network or Internet between different devices or applications.
Video door phone
The video door phone is a device to identify somebody willing to enter a property, like an apartment building.
Power over Ethernet / PoE
Some routers, switches, or stand-alone devices can deliver electricity over the network cable. That avoids the necessity to run electrical wiring and brings money and time savings.
If you enable your smartphone Bluetooth, that intercom will be able to recognize it. The average distance to be detected is 10 meters / 30 feet. As the card reader, that will send the signal to the strike and open the door automatically.
As a new standard, facial recognition is revolutionizing access control systems. It gives more precision in the identification and more autonomy in the automation.
Body temperature detection
As an answer to COVID-19, most of the access control systems integrated some body temperature detection to point out some potential holders of sanitary threats.
To facilitate installations, and give a communication backup, some smart door phones include LTE wireless communication. It connects them to the national mobile network.
How can you live without a color display keypad SIP Video Door phone?
How do you secure your apartment building?
You aren’t always available. You could be working, doing groceries, sleeping, having fun, relaxing, or anything else. You would need a concierge to identify and evaluate every single person willing to enter your building. That could prevent burglars, muggers, door-to-door salesmen, or any other unsolicited person.
How do you get to know who is really in front of the door?
Sometimes you just don’t want to wake up, get out of your place, or just meet anyone. But how do you avoid unsolicited persons if you don’t go and see them by yourself?
How to answer someone ringing at your door if you are out for groceries or at work?
With a traditional intercom, it is difficult to know who is speaking effectively. Is he a real UPS delivery man? It would be nice to see you.
What happens when you forget your keys? Or if you invited someone but you’re not available?
You or your guests get stuck outside, waiting for somebody to open the door. You can also bother different neighbors to help you and open the door.
What happens when you forget your code and keys?
Sometimes things can get tricky. And don't you worry about inserting your keys or typing in your code? It is without thinking about the sanitary precautions to take and avoiding touching surfaces.
What are the options of analog door phones?
Do you remember how life was before smartphones? A mix of mechanics and electrical interaction to be able to communicate with a single person on the other side. Today installed door phones are still the same technologies for decades, making them difficult or impossible to connect to smartphones, computers, or the cloud.
How do you select the options on your door phone?
Most existing intercoms offer no display or perhaps a line of characters. This limits the options you can use.
How to protect your door phone against vandals?
It's not just accidents, but also vandals that can damage or attempt to damage your door intercom. Do you have a tough door intercom?
Did you know how many property crime violations occurred in Canada in 2017?
- Breaking and entering 438.51
- Theft of motor vehicle 231.61
- Theft over $5,000 47.01
- Theft under $5,000 570.17
- Mischief 713.84
- Total property crime violations 3244.76
*Number of reported crimes per 100,000 population.
Census population: 35,151,728
Source: Incident-based crime statistics, by detailed violations // Statistics Canada
Why do you need a color display keypad SIP Video Door phone X916?
You can choose options and write on the color display
More than just validating whatever you type, you can also select your contact in a list of occupants and other features of the Akuvox X916 door phone.
A keypad is available to type your code or select the desired occupant to talk to
Even if you forgot your keys, or you invited somebody, just type a code to unlock the door. The keypad is also used to navigate in a basic menu.
The card reader will identify the user and open the door in a microsecond
With a key fob, an RFID access control card, or even a Smartphone with NFC, you can identify any registered occupant of the building. The system will then automatically unlock the strike of the door to let the user come in.
Connected to the Cloud, the X916 door phone makes it easy to manage and communicate
Thanks to the SIP protocol and the computer-style technology, this door intercom can communicate on a computer network and enjoy all the digital options. The Cloud centralizes all the different door phones and door stations in one place so the manager can monitor, set up, and operate from anywhere.
Have a video call with your guests
What seems like a standard and simple feature is still quite new to the intercom market. However, a video call is much more convenient for identifying your guests and for sharing any visual communication than a simple audio call. Depending on your station, the guests could see you too or not. And thanks to computer technology, as new individual video doorbells, you will be able to perform this live video call from anywhere, as far as you are connected on the Internet.
What are the technical specifications of the Akuvox X916?
Physical and power
- Front Panel: 316-grade stainless steel
- RAM / ROM: 2GB / 16GB
- Display: 13 Inch IPS LCD
- Main Camera: 2M pixels, with starlight
- Auxiliary Camera 1: 2M pixels
- Auxiliary Camera 2: 0.3M pixels
- Light sensor: Support
- Infrared sensor: Support
- Wiegand port: Support
- RS485 port: Support
- RF card reader: 13.56MHz & 125kHz
- Relays out: 4
- Inputs: 4
- Reset button: 1
- USB Interface: 2
- HDMI Interface: 1
- TF Card Slot: 1
- Microphone: 2, -42dB
- Speaker: 2, 8Ω / 2W
- Power out: 12V / 500mA
- Ethernet port: 2xRJ45, 10/100/1000Mbps adaptive
- 12~24V DC connector
- Water-proof & Dust-proof: IP65
- Installation: Flush-mounted & Wall-mounted
- Flush-mounted DIM: 383.9x339.15x63.7mm
- Wall-mounted DIM: 383.9x339.15x48.95mm
- Working Humidity: 10~90%
- Working Temperature: -20°C ~ +55°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ +70°C
- SIP v1 (RFC2543), SIP v2 (RFC3261)
- Narrowband audio codec: G.711a, G.711μ, G.729
- Broadband audio codec: G.722
- DTMF: In-band, out-of-band DTMF (RFC2833), SIP Info
- Echo Cancellation
- Voice Activation Detection
- Comfort Noise Generator
- Sensor: 1/2.8”, CMOS for the main camera
- Pixels: CIF, QCIF, VGA, 4CIF, 720p, 1080p
- Video codec: H.264
- Video technology: HDR
- Video resolution: up to 1920x1080p
- Max. image transfer rate: 1080p – 30fps
- Viewing angle: 115°(H) / 63°(V)
- Compatible with 3rd-Party-Video components, e.g. NVRs
Door entry feature
- Relays controlled individually by DTMF tones
- Camera permanently operational
- Auto-night mode with LED illumination
- White balance: auto
- Minimum illumination: 0.1LUX
- Protocols support: IPv4, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, DNS, NTP, RTSP, RTP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DHCP, ARP
Deployment and maintenance
- Web management portal
- Web-based packet dump
- Configuration backup / restore
- Entry log export
- Access table export / import
- Firmware upgrade
- System logs (include door access logs)
- Provides resident / visitor access control for buildings such as condominiums, apartment buildings, office buildings, gated communities, and industrial buildings
The Akuvox X916 can be managed from the cloud, a computer, and a smartphone
Managed from the cloud
Akuvox SmartPlus, a smart cloud-based intercom service, allows Akuvox's intercom and access control devices to link, communicate, and interact intelligently with one another without any geographical restrictions, making buildings smarter and securer.
- Mobility : intercom and building access anywhere, anytime
- Flexibility : remote provisioning and maintenance for any scale of systems
- Stability : 24/7 self-monitoring with >1 million monitoring tests per month at a 99.99% success rate
- Security : triple data backup mechanism ensuring 99.999% data reliability
A property management web portal
The web-based property access management portal of Akuvox SmartPlus offers a bunch of remote-working features that greatly enhance building operation efficiency.
- Manage all properties of multiple sites from a single interface
- Access to time- and date- stamped photos of all door entries
- Assign time-limited PINs to delivery or service people
- Easy posting of community announcements
- Easy integration with existing building systems
The Akuvox ACMS
PC-based Access Control Management System for Small and Medium Businesses.
- Staff information management
- Device management
- Access control management
- Access to detailed access logs
The Akuvox SDMC
On-premise Software for Community-wide Intercom System Management
- Batch deployment of devices automatically
- Real-time video monitoring
- Access control management
- Messaging and ad pushing
The Akuvox Sight
PC-based Intercom Software for Akuvox Intercoms
- Multi-screen intercom video monitoring
- Remote door unlocking
- Audio or video call
The Akuvox Vfone
SIP Softphone App for Intercoms
- Audio or video call
- Remote door unlocking
- Offline push notification
- Compatible with mainstream SIP servers
The Akuvox PC Manager
PC-based Management Software for Intercom Configuration
- Automatic search and connection of intercom devices
- Addition, modification, and deletion of intercom configuration
- Batch intercom configuration and software upgrading
The Akuvox X916 works with global technology partners
In collaboration with renowned partners, Akuvox creates intelligent intercom and access control solutions that meet the ever-increasing needs for security and convenience of our customers.
- Snap av
- iRidium mobile
- Aare net
Video management system
- Network Optix
- On-wall mounting
- In-wall mounting
- Rain cover
Frequently Asked Questions for the Akuvox X916
How many properties can we connect to the door-phone?
There are no limits. It can be from one to multiple thousands.
Can we connect the door-phone to a smartphone?
Yes, you can. A mobile application has been developed for Android and iOS.
Can we control an elevator with the door-phone?
Yes, you can. That will bring the option to automatically call the elevator when somebody is identified. Even to pre-select his level.
I am a developer, can I develop a custom application connected to the door-phone?
Yes, you can. The API is available for any authorized developer.
How secure is the Akuvox X916?
That door intercom is really secured. Based on Linux, the data and network is encrypted all the way up to your devices.
What are the options for the Akuvox X916?
You have 2 colors; steel or black and the option to install it on-wall or in-wall. You can add a rain cover to avoid water leaking on the door phone.
How does the X916 compare to the competition?
Akuvox is one of the world's leading manufacturers of door phones. The X916 brings a bunch of features for a fraction of the price of the competition.
Can we get notifications and see the person ringing on our smartphone?
Yes, you can. The video door phone connects to any authenticated smartphone through our mobile apps.
How long does it take to install such a door phone?
Considering that we have it in stock and that the installer is ready, that could be installed within 48 to 96 hours at your place.